Warnings and CautionsWidget Inc Warning and Safety Guidelines
General Product Safety
ToolBox Widget’s products contain powerful rare earth neodymium magnets. They can cause a finger pinch hazard if two magnets or more come close together or between a ferrous metal. The rare earth magnets also are a pacemaker hazard/warning and should not be around or used by anyone with a pacemaker or similar device. The small pieces of any of ToolBox widget’s products can be a choking hazard and should only be used by persons of the age 14 or older and kept out of any orifice of the body. Magnets of any kind that are ingested by children or adults can cause fatal intestinal injuries and requires immediate emergency medical assistance and 911 or similar service should be called immediately.
The ToolBox Widgets or any other products sold by ToolBox Widget or any of its distributors should not be modified in any way. So, please do not grind, cut, drill, damage, or modify the product in anyway.
The ToolBox Widgets or any of its products should only be used for hand tool and toolbox organization within a toolbox or for general safe use for mechanic use.
Any of ToolBox Widgets products are to be used at your own risk and is the responsibility of the buyer and user to determine if he product and operation is safe to use. If unsure, stop use immediately and contact ToolBox Widget and receive an answer before continued use. Please, use as intended by the manufacturer as Tool Organizers used in a safe manner. If a product is defective/damaged/deformed or becomes that way, then stop use immediately and contact ToolBox Widget to warranty the product and seek a replacement. If any questions or unsure about condition or operation, please contact ToolBox Widget Inc at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 707-943-4387. https://toolboxwidget.com/pages/warranty
RARE-EARTH MAGNETS SHOULD BE KEPT OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. DO NOT INGEST OR INHALE MAGNETS. INGESTION OR INHALATION OF MAGNETS MAY RESULT IN INJURY OR DEATH. RARE-EARTH MAGNETS ARE NOT TOYS. SECURE MAGNETS WHEN UNATTENDED. Children should not be allowed to handle or play with rare-earth magnets. Children and adults should not ingest magnets or place magnets in any body orifice such the ear, nose or mouth. If magnets are ingested or aspirated to the lungs, immediate medical attention is required.
Rare-earth magnets should not be used as toys, games, puzzles, jewelry, manipulative or construction desk toys, and sculptures. Rare-earth magnets should not be used for mental stimulation or stress relief or any other novelty application that would trivialize their inherent hazard.
Rare-Earth magnets are fragile and can break easily. Broken magnets are sharp and can cause cuts. These magnets will become demagnetized when exposed to high heat. These magnets are powerful and can accelerate at high speeds toward each other and toward ferrous material. When these magnets come together quickly, they can shatter and break sending particles at speed. These magnets can also pinch strongly if allowed to come together against the skin. You should always wear gloves and eye protection when handling large magnets. Exceptionally large magnets can pose a crushing hazard and should not be handled.
Rare-earth magnets have strong magnetic fields that can damage electronic equipment and magnetic data storage media. You should keep these magnets away from electronic equipment, computer discs, credit cards, video tapes, and other magnetic media.
Rare-earth magnets should not be burned. These magnets can ignite and burn at high intensity. These magnets should not be drilled or machined. Drilling and machining may produce metal powder which is flammable and may cause high heat to develop resulting in ignition. The magnets may shatter and break when drilled or machined.
Rare-earth magnets are primarily composed of neodymium, dysprosium, samarium, iron, and boron. The chemical, physical and toxicological properties of neodymium, samarium and dysprosium have not been thoroughly investigated and recorded. Rare-earth magnets should not be used in contact with food or ingestible liquids. Rare-earth magnets should not be used in long term contact with the skin. The current Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) should be consulted to obtain current procedures for handling or working with these substances in a safe manner.
Neodymium-Iron-Boron rare-earth magnets are susceptible to oxidation. These magnets are plated to reduce their oxidation susceptibility but will oxidize in many environments. Most rare earth elements (neodymium, dysprosium, samarium, etc.) absorb hydrogen into their material structure resulting in expansion and cracking of the material which is referred to as decrepitation. Therefore, rare-earth magnets are not recommended where exposure to hydrogen is likely. Magnets that have oxidized should be disposed of. The Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for the component materials should be consulted prior to the use, handling or transportation of oxidized neodymium rare-earth magnets.
Transportation of magnetic materials by air in the United States is regulated by the U.S. Department of Transportation and is covered under the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 49 parts 100-185. A magnetized material is considered a hazardous material and is regulated as a hazard class 9 material when it is offered for transportation by air and when it has a magnetic field strength capable of causing the deviation of aircraft instruments. Any magnetic material with a measurable field strength greater than 0.00525 gauss at 15 feet is prohibited from air transportation. An article is not restricted as a magnetized material if the field strength observed at 7 feet is less than 0.002 gauss or there is no significant compass deflection (less than 0.5 degree).
The International Air Transport Association (IATA) Dangerous Goods Regulations provide guidelines for the identification, classification, and testing of potentially hazardous materials offered for transports by air. IATA Packing Instruction 902 defines the acceptance criteria and provides packaging guidelines for magnetized material. These instructions should be consulted prior to transporting magnetic material by air. Magnetized material is not regulated as a hazardous material when transported via ground/surface transportation.
Magnet Health Effects
Individuals with pacemakers or internal medical devices should use caution when handling strong magnets. Magnetic fields may affect the operation of these devices. Consult your physician and the manufacturer of your medical device to determine its susceptibility to static magnetic fields prior to handling magnets. All of our magnetic products should be kept at a safe distance from individuals with these devices.
ToolBox Widget is not aware of any other positive or negative health effects from handling neodymium magnets. While there are numerous anecdotal claims promoting the health benefits of permanent magnets, we are not aware of any scientific studies that correlate static magnetic fields with the cause or cure of human diseases. Individuals with a health problem should seek qualified medical assistance.
Rare-earth magnets should be disposed of in compliance with local, state, and Federal law. All strong permanent magnets should be thermally demagnetized prior to disposal. Alternatively, all strong permanent magnets should be placed in a steel container prior to disposal so the magnets do not attract waste disposal equipment or refuse containers.
Warning: This product can expose you to chemical including Zinc, which is know to the state of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65warning.ca/gov